Privacy & Terms
ParcelVision® Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 5906604 with a registered office at 1 Spruce House, Durham Wharf Drive, Brentford Lock, Brentford, Middlesex, United Kingdom, TW8 8HR, hereinafter referred to as 'PV' or 'We' have created this privacy statement ('Statement') in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to the privacy of the details that You provide to us when using www.parcelvision.com (the 'Site') and the Interactive Services. Unless otherwise indicated, all definitions used in the Service Terms shall apply to this Statement and for the purposes of this Statement, 'Data' shall mean both 'Financial Data' and 'Personal Data'. In this Statement, references to 'You' and 'Your' are references to the User who may or may not be a registered PV Member. When You use the Interactive Services, You are consenting to the practices set forth in this Statement.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE STATEMENT
This Statement governs Your use of the Interactive Services, including any dispute concerning privacy. By using the Interactive Services, You accept this Statement in full. You should read the Statement carefully and ensure that You understand its effect before proceeding to use the Site and the Interactive Services. We reserve the right to modify this Statement at any time without notice by posting the changes on this page. Your continued use of any portion of the Site following the posting of the updated Statement will constitute Your acceptance of the changes.
- WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED & HOW?
The Site asks You to provide various types of Data to enhance the quality of the Interactive Services We can provide to You including granting You PV Membership and the more accurate the information You provide, the better We are able to respond to Your requirements! As part of the process of using the Site and the Interactive Services, We may collect the following types of Data about You:
- Your Registration Information including Your first and last names, email address and other PV Account details;
- Your home address and home telephone number (or that of somebody You know i.e. Consignee) if booking a collection or delivery at Your home address (including information pertaining to the Collection Point and the Delivery Point);
- Your payment information such as credit or debit card details via the Site;
- Your visits to the Site, the resources and PV Content that You download;
- Your UGC that You may upload or submit to the Site by way of reporting problems, submitting queries, concerns, comments including Your use of the PV Discussion Forum.
- If You wish to make Top-Up Payments, We use a third party partner e.g. PayPal or Stripe to process payments You will be required to provide Paypal or Stripe with Financial Data (i.e. Your banking details) in order to authorise payment. When You place an Order on the Site or make a Top-Up Payment, Your consent is given to provide Your Data necessary to process the payment with PV to this third party directly. To make and complete the purchase with PayPal or Stripe, the policies of Paypal or Stripe shall be applicable. The policies as between You and Paypal can be found here. To make and complete the financial purchase with Stripe via our Site, the policies of Stripe shall be applicable as between You and Stripe and can be found here. Except as provided here, We will not share Financial Data with any other third parties (including our PV Network) without Your prior consent.
- Other de-personalised data which does not record Personal Data as such, rather information such as the date of the visit to the Site, the path taken, the browser used, the IP address etc is used primarily to aid the technical administration of the Site, to better understand how the Site is functioning for Visitors and PV Members and to draw conclusions upon demographic information.
HOW IS THE INFORMATION USED?
- Your Data may need to be passed on to third party companies or service providers (including the PV Network) for the sole purpose of fulfilling the Interactive Services only and not for the purposes of making marketing communications, unless You have expressly consented to this being undertaken by a third party. You are under no obligation to provide such Data to us, however, if You choose not to, some of the PV Services may not be available to You.
- You acknowledge that Your Personal Data may be used by PV to contact a User by post, phone or by electronic mail when necessary in connection with an Order, and in the case of a registered PV Member, a PV Account or PV Membership.
- From time to time, PV may contact You by electronic mail by way of sending You Order Acknowledgements, invoices and Consignment Receipts, or any other newsletter or information or offers regarding upcoming products, promotions, PV Services or customer surveys. When You place an Order online, You give us Your consent to do this. If You change Your mind, You can opt out of receiving some but not all of this in accordance with this Statement.
- Your Data is used solely by PV (and the PV Network to the extent necessary to fulfil the PV Services) for the sole purpose of enabling PV to act as a service provider to You and is not shared with any person or company without Your express consent.
- Any Data that is held with PV shall be retained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation and/ or our retention and destruction policy culminating in its permanent deletion.
If Data has been passed to third parties with Your consent, You may need to contact them separately if You change Your mind in relation to their use of Your Data.
OPTING OUT: If You do not wish to be contacted by PV in respect of future marketing communications (excluding the welcome email and Order Acknowledgements (including receipt of any attachments therein relating to Your specific Order e.g. Consignment Receipt and Packaging Guidelines) which cannot be opted out of), We will give You the opportunity to unsubscribe to the receipt of such communications in every electronic mail communication that We send You. Alternatively and additionally, You can contact PV by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "URGENT – UNSUBSCRIBE REQUEST" in the subject line or send Your request by post to PV at the contact address below.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA?
- To minimise the risk of unauthorised access to Your Data, We use some of Your Data to authenticate You when using the Site and the Interactive Services.
- For our daily operations, We use the services of third parties to provide some of our business and operational functions. Some of the PV Services are provided by our business partners who are part of the PV Network and We need to disclose Your information to them to provide You with the PV Services.
- Disclosure of Your Data in Compliance with Laws
You should be aware that We may release Your Data when We believe it is necessary to comply with laws or regulations, to assist law enforcement, to enforce the terms under which You transacted with PV, or to protect the rights, property or safety of PV, PV Members or third parties. Your bank or PayPal or Stripe may further release Your Data as per their policies.
- Transfer of Your Data outside of the EEA
From time to time, We may transfer Your Data to a related company, agent or contractor in order to improve our Interactive Services or to assist our security, credit risk or fraud protection activities. Such companies may be located outside of the EEA and You consent to the transfer of Your Data to such companies for the purposes set out here in accordance with this Statement and as permitted by the Data Protection Legislation from time to time. Further, Your bank or PayPal or Stripe may further release Your Data as per their policies.
- Transfer of Data in the Event of the Sale of ParcelVision® Limited or its Assets
In the event that ParcelVision® Limited is sold or transfers some of its assets to another party, Your Data could be one of the transferred assets. If Your Data is transferred, its use will remain subject to this Statement. Your Data will be passed on to a successor in interest in the event of a liquidation or administration of PV.
- Other Sites and their Privacy Policies and Cookie Policies
The Site may contain links to other websites. PV is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites or for the privacy policies, cookie policies and practices of other third parties (including those of PayPal or Stripe), so You should be careful to read and understand those website policies independently.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA & HOW LONG DO WE HOLD IT?
- The privacy and protection of Your Data is important to us. In addition, any PV Member statistics that We may provide to prospective partners regarding Your usage of the Interactive Services are provided in the aggregate only and do not include any individually identifiable Data.
- You acknowledge that email messages sent over the internet are not encrypted and are not secure. Despite efforts to protect Your Data, We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Data You transmit to us, via, to, or from our Site. You accept that PV cannot be held liable for any breaches of confidentiality that may occur as a result of the use of email. If there is any sensitive or confidential Data which You do not wish to communicate by email, please contact PV by telephone or post to arrange an alternative method of communication. You transmit all such Data at Your own risk.
- Once Your payment instructions are received by PayPal or Stripe where applicable, PayPal or Stripe have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the Data under their control. 128 bit industry standard Secure Server Software (SSL) is used as a minimum standard which encrypts all of Your Data in respect of a transaction, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the Data travels over the Internet.
- How long We keep Your Data collected through our Site depends on the context in which You provide it and the purpose for which We use it. We will only retain it for as long as is necessary for such purposes, for example, We will keep Your Registration Information for as long as You are registered as a PV Member on our Site and We will keep records of any transactions You enter in to (including Consignment Historical Information) for up to six (6) years. We may send You direct marketing communications for as long as You do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us.
- You understand and acknowledge that You have no ownership rights in Your PV Account and that if You cancel Your PV Account or Your PV Account is terminated, all Your information including but not limited to Your Historical Consignment Information and Your PV Member Profile will be deleted from Your PV Account and will be further deleted from any PV archives in accordance with Clause 5.4. Your Data may continue to be retained by the PV Network in accordance with the privacy policies of e.g. Sub-Contractors.
- Telephone calls: If You call any of the customer service telephone numbers quoted on this Site, We may record Your call. These recordings are used for training and quality control to ensure that We continuously monitor and improve our customer service standards.
COMPLAINTS OR QUERIES
PV tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using Data. For this reason, We take any complaints We receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of Data is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures. This Statement does not provide an exhaustive detail of all aspects of PV's collection and use of Data. However, We are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below. If You are not happy with the way in which Your Data is being handled by PV, You can complain to the Information Commissioner whose details can be found at: http://www.ico.org.uk/ If You have a complaint or query regarding a PayPal transaction (or a Stripe transaction), You can contact Paypal and Stripe respectively.
ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
PV tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their Data. Individuals can find out if We hold any Personal Data by making a 'subject access request' under the Data Protection Act 1998. If We do hold Data about You We will let You have a copy of that Data. To make a request to PV for any Personal Data that We may hold, You need to put the request in writing addressing it to the address provided below. They may be an administrative charge applied in accordance with the applicable legislation.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Requests for information about our Statement or a 'subject access request' can be emailed to support@PVi.co.uk or by writing to:
(Internal Compliance Department)
1 Spruce House
Durham Wharf Drive
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
We keep our Statement under regular review. This Statement was last updated on 29 June 2016.